The Montgomery County Historical Commission is offering for sale its new 239-page pictorial book on our county’s history: MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TEXAS HISTORICAL TIMELINE, a chronology of historic facts and anecdotes concerning the entire County from its pre-historic days of the Native Americans and the Spanish explorers through those recent county events occurring in 2013. Numerous Read more ...
The Commission is organized for the following purposes:
- Initiating and conducting programs suggested by the Commissioners Court of Montgomery County and the Texas Historical Commission for the preservation of the county’s historic cultural resources in compliance with state laws pertaining to historical preservation in Texas;
- Identifying historic resources within the county;
- Creating countywide awareness and appreciation of historic preservation and its benefits and uses; and
- Planning for the preservation of the county’s historic and cultural resources.
- To discover, and as appropriate, circulate information pertinent to the historical identity of Montgomery County, Texas, such as the placement of historical markers.
- To cooperate with other persons, groups, organizations and agencies in preserving the history and heritage of Texas.